To evaluate an entry, the judges may ask for additional information.
The contestants are responsible for fulfilling the underlying legal/procedural requirements of their organization.
The decision of the judges will be final.
BITA management reserves the right to rescind any awards or entry, granted to honorees/contestants that have misrepresented their proposal.
BITA management reserves the right, in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Call for Entries due to circumstances beyond the control of BITA organizing committee. Should the Call for Entries be terminated prior to the stated closing date, BITA reserves the right to announce winners based on the nominations received before the termination date.
BITA management reserves the exclusive right to set, modify, and interpret all conditions regarding this competition without claim for damage or recourse of any kind.
A contestant selected as winner gives BITA permission, without compensation, to use the provided details/data in promoting this or similar award programs in the future.
Each category has been assigned one award of Rs.1000,000/- but a category may go un-awarded in the absence of any outstanding proposal.
The process will consist of the following steps:
- In first phase all the proposals will be reviewed and shortlisted by international professionals and academicians in the relevant fields.
- The shortlisted proposals must be presented before a panel of experts during international conference on the Frontiers of Information Technology (FIT).
Evaluation Criteria of Proposals:
- Objectives and outcomes are concrete and clearly stated
- Literature survey is relevant and complete
- Project plan and intermediate deliverables are provided
- Timeframe provided realistic
- Strengths and weaknesses of the solution are known and clearly highlighted
- Techniques used for solution are clearly described and justification for using these techniques is provided
- Progress made in that direction and positive results achieved so far
- Capability of project director and/or project team to achieve the project, as shown by their CVs
- Relevance/Importance to Pakistan
- Impact on society
- Problem definition
- Impact and viability of the solution
- Commercializable aspects of the project clearly stated
- Does the proposed product/solution address the current and future needs of industry/society
- plans for producing, marketing, distributing and diffusion of the developed products/solutions provided and adequate
- Does PI have prior industrial experience and/or research papers in the proposed project domain or does the PI have prior experience of handling projects